Monday, May 19, 2008

The weekend!

I have to start out by saying I had a great weekend! Even though I didn't feel the best, it couldn't of been better.

I had to miss my daughters swim class due scheduling a garage sale. My husband and daughter had a great time like usual. We usually go as a family. My daughter has learned to kick her feet, splash her hands, slide into the pool, and that wearing a life jacket is not comfortable, but safe!

At the garage sale my mom and I made about $250. We got rid of a lot of things we didn't need, which my husband was very excited about. I have to also point out. My mother the deal finder she is. Purchased 3 steal bar stools for $2.50, yes that is right. She works at a department store and always finds good deals. Well she bought them like most other things because they were cheap. She was able to sell 2 of them for $20/each and the last one for $10. Talk about making some $$.

The freeze over the weekend went well. My husband, daughter and I did splurged Sunday and went out to eat. We did use Fun money though. Which was a great time. My daughter loves to eat out and people watch. (Takes after her Mom.)

What made my weekend so good you ask?
I am a person who stresses easily, a neat freak, can't sit, and always has to be doing something or in most cases 3 things at once. I get this from my Father (I'm convinced.) So.... this weekend I tried to not worry about having everything in it's place, having dishes cleaned, toys picked up, clothing washed.... you get my point. I tried to simply relax. Part of the reason was because I was sick and didn't have much energy, but I thought to myself...., " It will not be the end of the world if I don't have these things done." Since working full time weekends is the only time I have to clean, do laundry and be with my family. Yes, I can spend time with them during the week, but not more then a few hours at a time. I really concentrated on Family this weekend. My daughter and I had a party on Saturday night. We had some much fun! Teddy, doggie, Teddy2, and a bunch of little people showed up. We dance for almost an hour to the Backyardigans and dressing up in many dresses. We were decked out in the coolest bracelets (plastic hearts and flowers), lays, snakes around out necks... If you weren't there you really missed out. I'll have to post a picture of my daughter at the party.

So my advice... take time for yourself, your family and if you don't clean-up right away, do laundry, etc. It's not the end of the World.

Life still goes on!

No comments: