Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Sunscreen Defined.

Sunscreen (also known as sunblock) is a lotion, spray or other topical product that absorbs or reflects the sun's ultraviolet (UV) radiation, and protects the skin. Medical organizations such as the American Cancer Society recommend the use of sunscreen,[1] despite many epidemiological studies indicating an increased melanoma risk for the sunscreen user.
Sunscreens contain one or more UV filters of which there are three main types[10] :

Organic chemical compounds that absorbs ultraviolet light (such as oxybenzone)
Inorganic particulates that reflects, scatters, and absorbs UV light (such as titanium dioxide, zinc oxide), or a combination of both.[clarify]
Organic particulates that mostly absorb light like organic chemical compounds, but contain multiple chromophores, may reflect and scatter a fraction of light like inorganic particulates, and behaves differently in formulations than organic chemical compounds.[clarify] An example is Tinosorb M.

I AM KICKING MYSELF BECAUSE I DIDN'T USE SUNSCREEN THE WHOLE WEEKEND. NOW I'M PAYING FOR IT.

Come summer we all want to be tan, but it's essentially not good for you. The sun damages the skin causing wrinkles and age spots. If you have the change like I did last year you should check out your skin in a skin booth. It has a black light and some to explain everything you see. I usually use a SPF location from Mary Kay daily, which is a good first step. I was told Summer or Winter you should always have sun screen on. So I'm off this week to find a mini bottle of sunscreen for my purse. I hate being sun burnt. Not only does it not feel good it's not good for you.

No comments: