Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Freeze

What is a Freeze? (My husband and my definition anyway)

It's a spending Freeze. You do not spend unnecessary money on items you do not need. You only spend what is in your budget. Be it bills, a wedding, Birthday gift or anything else for that month. You budget for those items and only those items that are necessary.

We have realized that we tend to purchase items we do not need. I probably am the majority here. We are in the process of De-cluttering and being more conscious of what we spend. There are also many things we want like remodeling our kitchen, new appliances, a fence in the back yard, lets just say many Large $$ projects. So hopefully by doing a monthly freeze every once in awhile we will save enough money to complete these projects sooner than later.

I first learned of the Freezies (what those who freeze call themselves) from www.thenest.com. These girls post how their weekend spending was the following week. Things to do to spend less on weekend activities, it's really quit impressive. Not only does it help you save money.

It will get you back to spending more time with the people you care about most, Family and Friends.

One week into the Freeze has not been too bad. It's something that you have to remind youself of though. I would spend money without thinking before.

Example:
Get gas, pickup some snacks something to drink, gum or whatever.
Now just fill up my vehical with gas and get out!

1 comment:

Blogger said...

I had no idea what "spending freeze" meant, so I googled on it. After several searches, I stumbled upon your blog and got my perfect answer. The internet is amazing. So, thanks.

p.s. I am a foreigner who's living in the country now.

:-)