Thursday, May 15, 2008

Stimulus Check

So the majority of us will be or have already received our Stimulus Checks.

I'm sure you have heard and are banking on receiving a certain amount. Here is a little bit of info on it.
The Internal Revenue Service announced that it will begin sending more than 130 million economic stimulus payments starting May 2. The initial round of weekly payments will be completed by early July.

My family is supposedly receiving $1500, $600 for me, $600 for my husband, and another $300 for my daughter. Do not count on this amount until you receive it. I have heard from many people who thought they would receive a set amount and it actually was lower. This is supposedly due to your 2008 takes. I'm not totally sure how it all works, but here is a link if you want more information. IRS

So I'm curious what you are going to do with your Stimulus check? Are you going to spend it? Save it? Get gift cards at a store like Sears who's offering a percentage more if you put all your stimulus towards their store?

4 comments:

Erin Palmer said...

I'll comment! I am worried about the stimulus payment because according to the IRS website, we were supposed to get ours ($1200) by May 9 and we haven't gotten the DD or letter yet. I'm kind of in a panic. We desperately need it for some home repairs.

Ella said...

According to the IRS website, we should be getting ours tomorrow. We have earmarked it to pay off some CC debt. We aren't spending it, that's for sure!

Kelly said...

We received our a week and a half ago. We have decided to use $100 for fun money, $200 to complete our 6 month emergency fund and $900 toward home repairs.

Julia said...

Not 3 days after we got our stimulus check, DH's car died. So, ours went into the car fund and helped us pay cash for a fairly nice used car.