Thursday, February 28, 2008

The Story of Stuff

My husband is taking a few classes currently to get this state social work certification. He went back to school 3 years ago to get a social work degree, because it was something he was really interested in. He graduated from UWL, but still needed to take a few classes to get his certificate. He just finished this 2 or 4 classes last Tuesday and his teacher told them to check out, http://www.storyofstuff.com/ . We both watch this last night and I have to say most people don't think about what happens to all the stuff they buy. This is a great 20 minute presentation on how the chain works.

I have to say after watching this that I am so guilty of that shopper. I see things on TV and say I need this and I need that, when I really DON'T. This is something that I am going to really try to work on.

Shopping is a hobby to me, so I need to find a new one!

No comments: