Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Welcome Kaitlin Susan!

I am excited to see Kaitlin Susan my newest niece!

I am happy to announce that I once again am an aunt. My niece Kaitlin was born this morning at 9 lbs 5 oz and I hear she is a cutie. This is A (we'll call her), who’s my closest sister in-laws second child and second daughter. We can't wait to go visit them this weekend and see the new addition.

Speaking of my sister in-law, who is only 1 year older than me, and is one of the smartest women I know. She graduated from college with a Business and Accounting degree. Then after her Bachelors she went straight on to get her masters. She worked for several years in Accounting at an energy company and then became a consultant. I would have to say anything she does she does it's over 110%. She and her husband both ran a franchise cleaning office buildings also. She knows money and she knows it well. They together had purchased many properties fixed them up sold them, rented them, and lived in them. They also own a sports bar in Madison, WI. A stop you must make while attending any Badger game or even any time you visit Madison.
LUCKY'S check them out: http://www.luckysmadison.com/modules/web/index.php/id/1

A is currently a stay at home mom, and is very good at it. At 1 her daughter said so many words. She also runs her own business Best Dressed Window's. She sells window treatments. She and her husband just build a new house. The house they sold was beautiful, but this one is unbelievable. It's big. They have 5 bedrooms, 6 bathrooms, 3 separate living area's, a bar, a gym that over looks a half court basketball court, and book cases that are doors to a theater room. You got to love it. The first time I walked in I felt like I was walking thru the pages of a Pottery Barn magazine. These two know where to invest their money and always invest it well, as you can see.

Real Estate - Always a good investment! In most cases you will get all if not more money back. When you are renting you are just throwing money alway that you will not receive back.

Rental - If you are able to purchase a property for rental purpose. Just do it! Especially if you are able to get enough rent to pay the mortgage. You then have someone else paying your mortgage payments, thus you are gaining equity.

Stocks - The Company I worked for gave us a 15% discount on their stock prices. It was a no brainer to invest, because no matter what you will make money. I just wish I would of invested tons more. We were purchased again and this is no longer an option. Darn! So if your company has this and your not buying... re-think this option and enroll as soon as your next open enrollment period is available.

Money Market - If you have a savings account try changing it into a Money Market account. They usually have a higher interest rate. There sometimes will be a 2,500 or 5,000 balance minimum so combine other accounts you have. The more money in one account the more interest you will receive.

No comments: