Monday, February 25, 2008

Time

This weekend I was playing Little People with my daughter and thinking that I could not believe she was almost 14 months old already. Time sure flies after you have kids! Maybe it's because your life becomes busier. Not only do you need to think about yourself, but you have another human being to raise into this world. You may also have a boyfriend, husband, significant other, or partner to add to the equation. Yes... there are sacrifices you must make.
Two years ago I would sit on the couch and watch pointless TV shows for hours at a time. I planned my nightly routine by what was on TV for that evening. This is something that I have sacrificed, but I wouldn't call it a sacrifice now. I now think of the time in my life I wasted. Nothing significant has come from watching those shows... yes maybe some entertainment for the night, but not much else.
I can say that I now spend my time with my family... mostly laughing. My daughter is hilarious. She has been adding to her vocabulary daily and when she says words it sounds so cute. She gets mad when she can't do something perfectly, loves to run free (naked), loves to sit by herself reading books, and has to say HI to everyone. This is our entertainment now and it's much better then anything. To watch a little baby go from crying and sleeping... to... holding their head up... to... sucking their toes... to... waving bye... to... crawling... to... walking... to talking is just a unbelievable thing. It's something that you just need to experience.
It's not always easy... it's an adjustment and is hard work to raise a family, but it is also one of the most rewarding experiences.

No comments: