Thursday, February 21, 2008

Organic Foods

I have been doing a lot of research on Organic Foods and have decided that I will try a few new products each time I purchase groceries.

Last week I stopped at my local People Food Co-op. I purchased some organic fruit, spaghetti sauce, pasta noodles, and apple sauce.

I made organic lasagna and I have to say the sauce alone with the noodles tasted so much fresher then the Prego sauce and noodles I normally buy.

If you are unfamiliar Organic food is produced by farmers who emphasize the use of renewable resources and the conservation of soil and water to enhance our environmental quality for future generations. Organic meats, poultry, eggs and dairy products come from animals that are given no antibiotics or growth hormones. A product can be labeled "organic" after given Governmental approval certifier inspects the farm where the products are grown. The USDA at this time makes no claim that organically produced food is safer or more nutritious, but looking at the facts.
Would you rather have something pure or nature.... or exposed with chemical you don't know what would do to your body?

Fact... it's a personal choice.

1 comment:

AleciaMarie said...

Hi! Great blog! I saw your post on the nest and thought I would check it out. I have a similar blog, about our journey to becoming "green" (www.notsocrunchy.blogspot.com)- it's so uplifting to read other peoples green endeavors as well!

-Alecia (AKA Aleciamarie on the nest)