Thursday, March 20, 2008

Grandma's Green?

So every Thursday my daughter, husband, and I meet at my grandma's for dinner and some cold beverages. These are great nights. My grandma who is over 80 years old is totally young at heart and very cool!
Last Thursday I was telling her how I bring my own bags when I go shopping and she said a Green Bag? She walked to her bedroom and comes out with a Green bag from a local store. She said I bought this, but would like one smaller that fits in my purse. I just happened to have one in my purse that was as small as a wallet and gave it to her. She was as happy as a kid in the candy store. I have to say I was really shocked she used her own bags. I find the older you are sometimes the harder it is to change. Not my grandma I guess. She not only thought it was good for the environment she thought they were cute. So I learned something... you are never too old for some change.

1 comment:

Charlie Hobart said...

Very cool. I use a small wooden crate myself for hauling groceries. It goes right in my cart.