Thursday, October 30, 2008

Organic Clothing.... Is it worth it?

While on a shopping trip last weekend to get a few in-between clothing items (pre-pregnancy clothing till maternity clothing) I found that Kohl's now carries organic baby clothing. The items were pricey, but I have not found organic clothing that is not. They were adorable though. So the question comes up… Is Organic clothing worth the price?

The cotton is as pure as cotton can get. It’s is also said that organic cotton is softer, which tends to be more comfortable next to your skin. Standards are said to be set higher in the work place. No child labor is accepted.

I will most likely purchase organic baby clothing or organic clothing in the future. Some questions I wonder and will most likely have to experience on my own are…
Do organic clothing last longer?
Are they as soft after they are washed?

I’m hoping these will become more of a standard in the future so they lower in price. For the time being I plan to purchase a few items and slowly add to our clothing collections. Balancing quality within our financial means.

So you will have to answer the questions for yourself. Is it worth it?

1 comment:

MelissaSnider said...

My mom probably shopped at k-mart and I think I turned out okay??(but I do really want the organic stuff) I think if your even thinking about these things, your kids are SET. Thanks for commenting on my blog! I remember at the reunion you saying something about not knowing someone well but knowing that they just took a salsa dancing class...he.he. I am laughing right now! That was so funny. Glad I found your blog.