Thursday, October 30, 2008

Juggling

We constantly are juggling through out life.
We are constantly jugging our family, friends, children, a career, a significant other, and so many more. What is often forgotten is OurSelves.
I tend to do this. I worry about others first, I come second. In most cases it is fine with me, but there are those days or times when we need some balance. I have found this in yoga. I don’t know what I would do without it. There is something that connects your mind, body, and soul. I inherited from my father the ability to not take the time to relax. I feel like I need to do 101 things in a day. Yoga has really helped with being able to relax and get centered with myself. I recently had to give up my current yoga classes because they are not prenatal. There are some positions while being pregnant that you should not do. For example, a reverse boat pose. These put pressure on you stomach. Hopefully I will be able to find a new class that works with our families schedule, but it not I have found a few back up plans. Recently while at Target (One of my weekly visits, yes I feel I have an addiction.)… I stumbled upon a yoga series. The ones that most interested me were the Prenatal Yoga along with Mommy and Baby Yoga. My daughter does not know exactly what yoga is, but she has a mean downward dog. One day I came home from work very stressed from a long work day. In the living room I decided to do a few poses to relax. One of the poses was a downward facing dog. My daughter first laughed, and then joined in. She thought it was so funny she laughed while in the pose. She continues to surprise us while we change her diaper. Yes I said it. She has a dresser in her room that we put a changing table pad on top of. While trying to put the new diaper on she will squirm away and say, “goga” then bare butt in the air a perfect downward dog, what a way to forget about stress in a day.

What do you do to relieve your stress, relax, and enjoy yourself?

If you are not familiar with Yoga here are a few of the poses I mentioned earlier.




What an adorable picture!!

No comments: