Friday, October 24, 2008

Great News!

A little over a month ago my husband and I found out that we are expecting another baby. We could not be happier! This is something that we have been talking about for awhile and are very blessed that we are able to have another child. We always said we wanted to keep our children close in age, so I think this will be the perfect timing.

It's very exciting for us both, but at the same time hard when you think of close friends and family who have been wanting a child for years, but do not get the opportunity. What do you say... what not to say... It's not easy, but at the same time you have to live you life and they have to live theirs. I still can't answer these questions. There probably is not a good answer either way.

One thing that is hard in the beginning of a pregnancy is what is commonly called morning sickness. I personally don't feel this is the best term since I rarely have been sick in the morning with either of my pregnancy. I get sick nightly. Morning sickness effects each individual differently. Some are given medication because the sickness is so bad. Others never feel the effects of morning sickness. This past week I have been sick every night. Going to bed between 6:30-7:30 has been a standard practice. I have to say that I am so lucky to have such a caring and thoughtful husband. The other night he surprised me with Sea Bands, Raspberry ginger ale, and Yogi digestive tea.

I have to say these thing have been great to me. Easing, not stopping, but easing my sickness.

3 comments:

Sarah said...

Congrats on the pregnancy! I hope that the general sickness (I won't say morning) goes away ASAP.

Charlie Hobart said...

A new addition to the family! Congratulations!

Kimberly said...

Congrats, Nikki (and Isaac, of course)! I'm so happy for you guys! Take care of the sickness, hopefully it passes soon.