Thursday, April 3, 2008

Review on Cloth diaper

So it has not been quit a week since I received and started using the Bum Genius 3.0 cloth diapers.

I will be honest and say the first couples times I used them on my daughter she wanted them off. They are bulkier then disposable diapers. She thought it was funny to jump up and land on her butt. I suppose it was softer. It was so funny to watch her to this. I have to say that I really like using this, not only do I not feel so wasteful, but I haven't had any diaper rash problems when using them. Once in a while I'll have to use a diaper rash cream, but when I use the cloth (part-time basis) I never see a red bottom.
My husband even had a request for him to bring one of the diaper into work. A mom-2-be was interested in using these a her child. The response I have mostly received is cloth diapers, you have to use pins and wash them? People totally turn around when I tell them what cloth diapers are today. Very easy, look cool, and help mother earth.
I have decided to continue to use on a part-time basis. I would love to use these full time, but with working full time I would be doing laundry at night instead of spending quality time with my daughter. Our quality time together is more precious to me. Maybe you think that is bad or maybe you think it's good. I think of it as the right choice for us.

A small step to reduce waste is better then no step at all.

No comments: